To get the most out of your digital music collection, the files need to be maintained and administered, not unlike you would have maintained and administered a physical collection. This means, in particular, to keep the data in a well thought-out folder and labeling structure and to actively manage and maintain meta data.
Unfortunately, neither the labeling nor the CoverArt provided by download providers is in any sense of consistent quality. If you are looking to find alternative and high-quality CoverArt, here are some good sources:
- CD and LP: Website of a large CD and vinyl trader with largely high quality cover art of all genres
- London Jazz Collector: Website with many vinyl and CD album covers from the Jazz world in high resolution.
- LP Cover Art: Web database with high quality vinyl cover art of all genres.
- Miles to Mozart: Web database with largely high quality vinyl and CD cover art from classic and Jazz genres.
- Piano Piano!: Website with many vinyl album covers in high resolution.
- Shaded Dog: Web database with high quality cover art of RCA Living Stereo LPs.
- Vinyl Album Covers: Web database with high quality vinyl cover art of all genres.